Erica Byrd is an associate in the firm’s family law department. Erica graduated magna cum laude from Agnes Scott College in 2009 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Women’s Studies and a minor in German. She received her Juris Doctor degree cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law in 2012.
While in law school, Erica was Notes Editor for the Georgia Law Review. She also received valuable experience in the domestic relations arena through positions such as: law clerk for the Honorable Judge Gregory A. Adams of the DeKalb County Superior Court; research assistant to a UGA Law professor on articles related to equitable division; intern for the DeKalb County Child Advocacy Center; and legal intern for the Women’s Resource Center to End Domestic Violence. Erica was the recipient of the Woodruff Law Scholarship, Equal Justice Foundation Fellowship, and Equal Justice Works Summer Corps Fellowship.
Erica has dedicated her practice to helping clients in divorce, dissolution of domestic partnerships, child custody, legitimation, and adoption actions, as well as post-divorce contempt and modification actions.
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Member, State Bar of Georgia, Family Law Section
- State Bar of Georgia Young Lawyers Division, Family Law Committee
- Atlanta Bar Association, Family Law Section
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star," Super Lawyers Magazine (2017)
- Provenzano v. Jones, 302 Ga. 139, 805 S.E.2d 909 (2017)
- Lutz v. Lutz, 302 Ga. 500, 807 S.E.2d 336 (2017)
- "Child Custody: Limiting Child Custody Litigation and Conflict" Georgia Family magazine, November 2012