Billy Davis defends businesses and professionals in a variety of contract and tort claims. His practice areas include professional negligence, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, nursing home liability, premises liability, industrial accidents, commercial trucking, products liability, contractual obligations and insurance coverage.
He is dedicated to providing value by establishing cost-effective defense litigation strategies. Billy is a proponent of alternative dispute resolution procedures such as mediation and arbitration resulting in favorable outcomes to his clients. When specific cases have necessitated protracted litigation, he has successfully advocated for his clients at trial and in the appellate courts.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Billy was a financial advisor for major international and regional financial services firms advising Atlanta businesses and businesspersons on various transactions in commercial finance, debt structuring, management of interest rate risks and personal portfolio management.
Billy remains active in the Beta Zeta Association of Theta Xi, which is the alumni organization for the Auburn University chapter of Theta Xi fraternity. In 2012, he was awarded the Franklin Award for Outstanding Alumni Service by the Board of Governors. This award is presented to distinguished alumni whose efforts have made a significant impact on the well-being of the organization.
When the work is done, Billy enjoys cycling, running and swimming. He’s also a cinephile and audiophile and loves discussing movies, music and home theaters.
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Louisiana
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2016
- Georgia Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2015
- Georgia Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” 2014
- Medal for Excellence in Advocacy, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2006
- McCullough v. Michaels Stores, Inc., 2014 WL 4925664 (N.D. Ga. 2014).
- Phillips v. Worthmoore Realty, 2013 WL 3873198 (Ga. Super. 2013).
- Jenkins v. McCalla Raymer, LLC, 492 Fed.Appx. 968 (11th Cir. 2012).
- Atlanta Independent School System v. S.F. ex rel. M.F., 740 F.Supp.2d 1355 (N.D. Ga. 2010).
- Ingraham v. Planet Beach Franchising Corp., 2009 WL 1076713 (E.D. La. 2009).
- New Orleans Opera Ass’n, Inc. v. Southern Regional Opera Endowment Fund, 993 So.2d 791 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2008).