Rahul is a partner at Bovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC. He joined the firm in 2018 as a member of the firm’s litigation team, specializing in representing employers and insurers under Title 34, the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act. Rahul’s primary experience includes several years of expertise in defending workers’ compensation matters throughout the state during all stages of litigation, handling mediations, performing trials/hearings, and arguing appeals. Rahul also specializes in subrogation recovery on behalf of his clients, protecting their interests by asserting liens in third-party fault situations. Rahul has further gained experience in handling Occupational Accident claims and contingent liability scenarios for employers who choose to obtain occupational accident insurance.
Prior to joining the firm, Rahul worked for a national law firm and brings with him experience in representing local and national corporate clients with a specialization in products and premises liability cases. He has also represented licensed professionals in the nursing home and assisted living facility industries. Rahul also has experience as a judicial circuit clerk working with the Chief Judge where he obtained and refined skills to better his practice as a litigator.
Rahul graduated from the University of Georgia in 2008 with a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Religion. He obtained his Juris Doctor from Mercer University School of Law in 2012, and he was admitted to the Georgia bar the same year. While in law school, Rahul served as a representative to the Student Bar Association and diversity chair of the Phi Delta Phi legal honors society. He also practiced under the Third Year Practice Act representing a variety of indigent criminal defendants and a death row inmate in Habeas Corpus proceedings throughout the state.
Rahul has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers annually since 2020, an honor reserved for 2.5% of attorneys in the State of Georgia. He has also received an AV Preeminent Peer & Judicial Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, an award to only those lawyers with the highest ethical standards and professional ability reflecting the confidential opinions of members of the bar and Judiciary. Rahul has given numerous presentations and written articles on various topics involving the Georgia Workers’ Compensation Act.
Rahul was born and raised in Toronto, Canada, where he spent a significant part of his early years before moving to Atlanta, Georgia. He and his wife, Alice, currently live in Atlanta where they enjoy spending time with family and friends and their dog.
- ICLE Workers’ Compensation Institute Case Law Update (October 2019)
- Managing Narcotics in Workers’ Compensation Claims (October 2018)
- 2017 Georgia Workers’ Compensation Legal Update (January 2017)
Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer "Rising Star" (2022)
- AV Preeminent Peer & Judicial Review Rating from Martindale-Hubbell (2020-2022)
- Proposed Legislative Update: Compensability of PTSD for Georgia First Responders (February 2022)
- Workers' Compensation in a Global Pandemic - Injuries Sustained While Working from Home (August 2020)
- A Look at Occupational Disease and COVID-19, WC Newsletter (April 2020)
- A Look at Occupational Disease and COVID-19, Atlanta Claims Association, Claimscene Legal Corner (May 2020)
- CEU Georgia Workers' Compensation 101 & Legal Update (December 2021)
- ICLE Workers' Compensation Institute Case Law Update (October 2019)
- CEU Management Narcotics in Workers' Compensation Claims (October 2018)
- CEU Georgia Workers' Compensation Legal Update (January 2017)
- CEU Georgia Workers' Compensation 101 (January 2017)
- Board of Directors, Asian American Insurance Network (AAIN)
- Atlanta Claims Association
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association (GDLA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- State Bar of Georgia