Firm History and Philosophy
Bovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC was founded over 50 years ago, when John Bovis joined the firm’s predecessor started by federal Senior Judge William C. O’Kelley. Encouraged by our clients’ needs, the firm has grown to include attorneys dedicated to a wide variety of practice areas. In 2008, that growth spurred the firm’s move to a larger main office that includes state-of-the-art mediation space and advanced technology, helping us to better serve our clients’ needs.
Bovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC is a multi-practice firm with its main office located in the growing Perimeter Center area, north of downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Additionally, the firm has offices located in Cumming, Georgia, and Greensboro, North Carolina.
Our Philosophy: Legal Advisors
Throughout our history, we have remained true to our mission to be trusted advocates to each client. To assist our clients in solving their legal problems, a major objective has been the development of a highly competent organization capable of providing the finest legal services available. The firm’s growth has not jeopardized the close personal client relationships that we have built over the years. Maintaining highly satisfied clients who receive superior representation at a fair fee has been and is the foundation of the firm’s success.
Our attorneys practice locally, nationally, and internationally, including appearing in all state and federal courts in Georgia, the United States Supreme Court, the Court of Federal Claims, and numerous other courts, either on a continuing basis or pro hac vice. We have been admitted in the First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Districts and pro hac vice in 38 of the 50 States. Concentrating primarily on litigation, corporate law, employment law, family law, workers’ compensation, surety, fidelity, and construction law, Bovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC offers its clients:
- A litigation practice representing many self-insured businesses and insurance companies of all sizes in the areas of casualty, personal injury, products liability, property, workers’ compensation, surety, fidelity, and construction law.
- A business and corporate practice representing numerous businesses in such areas as entity formation, business and commercial law, contracts, mergers and acquisitions, employment law, and commercial real estate.
- A local government law practice enhanced through its representation of the City of Alpharetta, Georgia, for which we serve as its attorney.
- A family law practice including divorce, custody, modifications, and prenuptial agreements services.
Featuring Active Attorneys
Providing a high level of strategic legal advocacy requires our attorneys to stay informed and active in their respective practice areas. Bovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC is active in many professional associations as officers, committee chairpersons and presenters. The attorneys at Bovis, Kyle, Burch & Medlin, LLC are involved in many professional associations:
- ABA TTIPS Fidelity & Surety Law Committee
- American Bar Association
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Atlanta Bar Association
- Atlanta Claims Association
- Atlanta Surety Claims Association
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance - CLM
- Cobb County Bar Association
- DRI – Defense Research Institute
- Forsyth County Bar Association
- GAWL -Georgia Association of Women Lawyers
- Georgia Bar Association
- Georgia Motor Trucking Association
- International Association of Arson Defense Attorneys
- International Association of Defense Counsel - IADC
- Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- Old War Horse Lawyers Club, Inc.
- Professional Liability Underwriters Society
- Professional Women’s Information Network (ProWIN)
- Risk Insurance Management Society
- SHRM – Society for Human Resource Management
- Southern Property Loss Association
- Southern Surety & Fidelity Claims Association
- State Bar of Georgia and many other states
- Surety Claims Institute
Among the more than 35 attorneys practicing with the firm are honor graduates from prominent law schools including Emory University, University of Georgia, Mercer, Georgia State, Universities of Florida, North Carolina, Indiana and Alabama, and Tulane University. Our attorneys also have attended some of the finest undergraduate universities in the country, including Duke University, Emory University, University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, Georgia State, Mercer, Universities of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Alabama, Michigan, Texas, Illinois, Florida State University, Ohio State University, Auburn, Tulane, Furman and Agnes Scott just to mention a few. Please see our Attorney Profile pages for more information.
We welcome the opportunity to be your legal advocate.
Always Bovis Kyle.