Billy Davis defends businesses and professionals in a variety of contract and tort claims. His practice areas include professional negligence, transportation litigation, catastrophic accidents, legal malpractice, medical malpractice, nursing home liability, premises liability, products liability, contractual obligations and insurance coverage.
In additional to handling individual matters throughout the state of Georgia, Billy also serves as national coordinating counsel for several clients, leading investigation and pre-litigation strategy for claims across the country.
He is dedicated to providing value by establishing cost-effective defense litigation strategies. Billy is a proponent of alternative dispute resolution procedures such as mediation and arbitration resulting in favorable outcomes to his clients. When specific cases have necessitated protracted litigation, he has successfully advocated for his clients at trial and in the appellate courts.
Prior to entering the practice of law, Billy was a financial advisor for major international and regional financial services firms advising Atlanta businesses and businesspersons on various transactions in commercial finance, debt structuring, management of interest rate risks and personal portfolio management.
Billy remains active outside of the office. He is the Chairman of the Technology Committee for the Transportation Lawyers Association, an international bar association of lawyers practicing in all modes of transportation. He is a member of the Grand Lodge (the national board of directors) of Theta Xi Fraternity and he is closely involved in the Beta Zeta Association of Theta Xi--the alumni organization for the Auburn University chapter of Theta Xi fraternity. He was twice awarded the Franklin Award for Outstanding Alumni Service in recognition of his outstanding service to that organization.
When the work is done, Billy is a recreational triathlete who enjoys cycling, running and swimming. He’s also a cinephile and audiophile and loves discussing movies, music and home theaters.
- State Bar of Georgia
- State Bar of Louisiana
- Georgia Defense Lawyers Association
- Transportation Lawyers Association
Honors & Awards
- Georgia Super Lawyers, 2020-2022
- Georgia Super Lawyers, "Rising Star," 2014-2016
- Medal for Excellence in Advocacy, American College of Trial Lawyers, 2006
- Henry v. Griffin Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram, 2022 WL 290610 (Ga. App. 2022).
- Lucky Capital Mgmt., LLC v. Miller & Martin & Martin, PLLC, 828 Fed. Appx. 533 (11th Cir. 2020).
- Am. Safety Indem. Co. v. Fairfield Shopping Ctr., LLC, 2016 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 93108 (N.D. Al. 2016).
- Lyde v. Georgia, 2015 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 65975 (S.D. Ga. 2015).
- McCullough v. Michaels Stores, Inc., 2014 WL 4925664 (N.D. Ga. 2014).
- Hurst v. Powell, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 27503 (M.D. Ga. 2014).
- Johnson v. Bank of Am., N.A., 594 Fed. Appx. 953 (11th Cir. 2014).
- Phillips v. Worthmoore Realty, 2013 WL 3873198 (Ga. Super. 2013).
- Jenkins v. McCalla Raymer, LLC, 492 Fed. Appx. 968 (11th Cir. 2012).
- Atlanta Independent School System v. S.F. ex rel. M.F., 740 F.Supp.2d 1355 (N.D. Ga. 2010).
- Ingraham v. Planet Beach Franchising Corp., 2009 WL 1076713 (E.D. La. 2009).
- New Orleans Opera Ass’n, Inc. v. Southern Regional Opera Endowment Fund, 993 So.2d 791 (La. App. 4th Cir. 2008).